An exercise for shoulder and triceps strengthening.
- Sit on a flat bench, feet point forward with your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palm facing towards your body
- Bend your elbows to 90 degrees and raise both your arms to the starting point in line with your shoulders.
- With a steady controlled motion raise your arms up while straightening your elbows while rotating your forearms so that your palms now face away from your body.
- Bring the dumbbells closer together but do not fully extend your elbows.
- With a controlled motion lower the dumbbells to the starting position at your shoulders.
Start with a lower dumbbell weight in order to perfect the technique.
Do not perform this exercise if you have shoulder pain.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.