This is a classic exercise used for strengthening the hamstrings, quadriceps, calves and gluts.
- Start by placing a barbell across your upper back, using a grip slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
- Take a step forward (2-3 feet) keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
- Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
- Lower your body so that your rear knee is just above the floor and hold for a moment before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat on other side.
Your front knee should never go past the toes of that foot and should remain at a 90 degree angle in order, to prevent knee injury.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.