This is an exercise for leg strengthening, mainly the quadriceps.
- Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, position it on your shoulders.
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.