This is an exercise for shoulder, biceps and upper back strengthening.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip (palms facing downwards) and hold them in front of your thighs.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your abs drawn in and your back straight.
- Starting with the dumbbells at your thighs, slowly raise them up towards your shoulders by bending your elbows.
- Pause at the top and rotate your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the dumbbells in a controlled motion to your thighs.
Do not arch your back when raising the dumbbells towards your shoulders.
Ensure the dumbbells are held close to your body throughout the exercise.
Do not perform this exercise if you have wrist, shoulder or elbow pain.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.