This is another variation of the basic Squat that focuses primarily on the quadriceps or thigh muscles.
- Place the barbell on the floor just behind your legs and stand with your feet shoulder width apart with your toes pointing forward.
- With your feet firmly placed on the floor, reach down and grasp the barbell from behind with an overhand grip.
- Lift the barbell by extending your hips and knees, taking care not to lock your knees.
- Lower yourself (squat) down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise yourself up to starting position.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.