This is an advanced exercise that combines a lateral lunge with a bicep curl.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Stand with your feet together, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Allow your arms to extend down fully in front of your thighs.
- While keeping your body straight, take a step sideways and then bend your waist and your knee into a lunge.
- As you go into the lunge, curl your arms up towards your shoulders contracting your biceps.
- Return to starting position and switch legs.
Note: Have a Personal Trainer or Instructor show you how to properly perform this exercise.
- Type: compound, isolation
- Primary: biceps, quadriceps
- Secondary: calves, forearm, glutes, hamstrings, hip abductors
- Equipment: dumbbell
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.