A Preacher Curl uses a special bench to support the triceps and isolate the biceps to build the arms. This version uses dumbbells and single arm movements for better control.
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arm is level with the top of the bench.
- Grasp a dumbbell in your hand with palms facing up.
- Rest your arm against the bench and extend it fully down.
- Keeping your arm on the bench at all times, curl the dumbbell up towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the dumbbell back to starting position.
- Switch arms and repeat.
Note: Perform this exercise in a slow controlled manner for best results.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.