This is an advanced exercise that works most of the muscles of the body. Exercises like this are used to develop functional strength for sports that require strong hands.
- Stand besides a barbell placed on the floor.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip in the center.
- Crouching down as if your were performing a squat, bend down so your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Extend your legs slowly as you straighten your body up, drawing in your abs as you rise.
Note: Perform this exercise with an empty bar to become familiar with the movement before adding weights.
- Type: compound
- Primary: quadriceps
- Secondary: abdominals, calves, glutes, hamstrings
- Equipment: barbell
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.