In this version of the squat you hold the bar overhead as you perform the exercise.
- Stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder width apart with your toes pointed slightly outward.
- Grasp a barbell using a wide side snatch grip with your arms and elbows fully extended.
- Keeping the bar overhead, bend your knees and lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Return to starting position.
Notes: Keep your feet firmly planted on the floor throughout this exercise. Keep your abs drawn in your back tight and your chest up you perform this exercise.
- Type: compound
- Primary: quadriceps
- Secondary: calves, glutes, hamstrings, lower back, shoulders
- Equipment: barbell
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.