This version of the squat is done with a dumbbell and mimics the action of a pile driver.
- Stand with your feet 2-4 inches wider than your shoulders, with your toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle.
- Grasp a dumbbell with both hands in the center of your body.
- Keep your knees slightly bent and your back straight.
- Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, bringing your thighs parallel to the floor.
- With a controlled motion return to starting position.
Notes: Keep your feet planted firmly on the floor throughout this exercise.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.