These are variations on Push Ups, one of the best exercise for muscles of the chest (pectorals), arms (bicep and triceps) and core development. The core muscles are the rectus abdomen and oblique’s which support the spine.
- For a Close Grip Push Up lay face down on the floor, or a mat, with your feet together curled slightly so you rise on the ball of your feet.
- Place you hands close together so your thumbs and index fingers form a triangle on the floor.
- Draw your abs in and inhale as you raise your body up till your arms are straight.
- Keep your head and neck level with your body (don’t look up or down) and don’t allow your back to rise or fall.
- Exhale out as you lower your body back to the ground.
- For a Wide Grip Push Up move your hands out to a position slightly wider than your shoulders.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.