This is another variation of the basic Squat that focuses primarily on the quadriceps, or thigh muscles, while using the Smith Machine.
- Adjust the bar to a low setting just above your ankles.
- Stand with the bar on the floor just behind your legs, with your feet shoulder width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- With your feet firmly placed on the floor reach down and grasp the bar from behind, with an overhand grip.
- Lift the bar by extending your hips and knees, taking care not to lock your knees.
- Lower yourself (squat) down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise yourself up to starting position.
Note: Your knees should be moving in the same direction as your feet.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.