This is a great overall exercise for the lower body. There are many variations on the squat, this one uses a bench to remind you how far down to squat.
- Place a bench behind you.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand.
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly by squatting down and bending at the knees and hips.
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements. Do not sit on the bench during the exercise.
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.