A walking lunge gives you the benefit of lunges plus core muscle training from the constant motion.
- Start by either placing a barbell across your upper back or by grasping a dumbbell in each hand.
- Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
- Take a lunge forward keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
- Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
- Lower your body to just above the floor and hold for a moment before pushing off with the back foot.
- Step through and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
Practice the walking lunge without any weights until you are comfortable with the movements.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: hamstrings
- Secondary: calves, gluts, quadriceps
- Equipment: barbell or dumbbell
Our images are available under a creative commons license. You can use them on your site if link back to Everkinetic. Please be kind.